- Outstanding leader, manager, coach, and mentor with remarkable ability to uncover root causes and train teams to discover previously unrealized solutions with focus on values and culture.
- Highly analytical thinker with expertise in Strategic Planning, Product Management, Agile Coaching, Process Improvement, Relationship Management, Contract Negotiation, and Service Delivery.
- Ambitious, high-energy self-starter with demonstrated ability to identify areas that require improvement and create solutions based on intensive research and deep analysis.
- Excellent communicator and strategic thinker with the ability to align short-term objectives to a long-term roadmap.
- Visionary professional and creative problem solver, comfortable with ambiguity, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and guide others.
- Inspired by big challenges with a passion for helping others succeed through shared learning and teamwork.
Vendasta Technologies - Saskatoon, SK
Director of Data Strategy, 2013 - 2017
White-label SaaS company built to assist B2B companies provide marketing solutions to local businesses. Came on board when the company consisted of 60 people; grew company to over 250 professionals; landed on Deloitte’s Profit 500 and Fast 50 in 2016 and 2017. Defined direction that catalyzed coordination across departments through creation of vendor relationships with major companies including Google, Microsoft, Apple, Acxiom, Infogroup, Factual, and Localeze.
- Expanded from 125,000 users to over 300,000 (with expectations double again in one additional year) by developing team of eight developers into a department of three Development Teams of 19 developers, QA and, Scrum Masters.
- Enabled 25% cost reduction in monthly cloud costs by motivating Product Development Teams to uncover sophisticated solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated innovation and capacity to excel through creation of Listing Distribution product; grew product into Vendasta’s most profitable product within two years.
- Maximized operational efficiency of prominent, highly sophisticated projects through implementation of Large Scale Scrum to assist in maintenance of large team of developers.
- Exhibited insightful leadership and enhanced clarity of mission by maximizing opportunities created by U.S. regulation changes that enabled lucrative medical vertical, Vendasta’s largest most profitable vertical.
- Created durable success by contributing to large architecture changes to company’s platform.
2Hs - Toronto, ON
Managing Director, 2011 – 2013
Demonstrated calm, clear-headed leadership through oversight of development and architecture efforts for software startup creating enterprise sales strategy software.
- Maximized productivity and provided vital structure through design and development of infrastructure and software; rapidly scaled within Amazon Web Services cloud to meet client’s startup plan and support long-term business strategy.
- Increased enterprise sales team’s efficiency by 10% through elimination of poor leads using statistical analysis.
- Created energy and stability by driving technical sales efforts meetings with potential clients focused on development of strategic proposals, quotes, and estimates.
- Managed scope, budget and schedule on all development projects.
- Launched minimal viable product (MVP) in under three months including hiring UX / development staff and onboarding first partner.
Torstar Corporation - Toronto, ON
Solutions Architect, 2007 – 2011
Demonstrated insightful leadership and strong communication skills through oversight of 20-person team including developers, QA analysts, DBA’s, system administrators, business analysts, vendors, and desktop support for company’s largest IT project ($14MM). Integrated enterprise-wide content management solution in collaboration with key business and IT stakeholders. Converted from waterfall to agile development process through innovative reorganization of development and QA teams. Developed disaster recovery solution and plan to as part of enterprise business continuity plan.
- Verified capacity to flourish through oversight of 24 development projects including requirements gathering, development, QA, deployment, and maintenance.
- Enabled multiple daily newsrooms to produce and deliver global content with 50% fewer resources through delivery of Torstar’s largest technical program.
- Embraced accountability for management of infrastructure efforts to solution new virtual server environment for development, QA and staging to mimic 14-server production environment. Maximized efficiency through oversight of project execution. Ensured work product was within scope and schedule and in alignment with new corporate IT strategy.
- Ensured success by delivering solutions that consolidated and optimized publishing functions throughout the enterprise.
- Significantly improved operations through delivery of (projected) 18-month project in five months by developing solution to distribute editorial data to over 24 syndicates.
- Transformed newsrooms of over 40 weekly publications to online-first without creating additional work for newsroom staff through innovative design, development, and delivery of CMS.
Metroland Media - Development Team Lead 2006 – 2007
BAU Solutions - Technical Team Lead 2005 – 2006
Metroland Media - Development Team Lead 2003 – 2005
Delano Technology - Sr. Applications Analyst 2000 – 2002
Nortak Software - Programmer 1998 – 2000
Education and Certifications
B.A. Business Economics, Ottawa University
Computer Programmer/Analyst, Georgian College
Certified Scrum Product Owner
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Six Sigma Green Belt
ITIL V3 Foundation